Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Glorious Chicken ~ With FOUR Main Ingredients

I don't know about you, but I love changing things up when it comes to the menu.  I am the queen at trying new things.  And most of the time, I'm not disappointed.  For the first year or two of our marriage, I cooked something new almost every night.  I can think of 2 things I've made since that time that we didn't couldn't eat.  That bad.  One was a turkey meatloaf (just threw up a little in my throat) that never set up.  And the other was a Thai Peanut Chicken dish (oohh, shiver).  I steer clear of Thai now - people or food.

Totally kidding.

This chicken got R.A.V.I.N.G reviews online, and hellllo - it only required four main ingredients.  FOUR.  4.  Quatro.  Ya better believe it's one I would try.  Super easy, few ingredients and tastaaayyy.  Not many recipes fall under those categories.  Oh man, am I glad I tried it!!

Here's the small ensemble.  Small ensembles are overrated, everywhere.  From recipes to just singing in a group.  I love 'em.


Lay chicken in a 9x13 dish.  Ground some fresh peppercorn pepper and sea salt over the chicken to your liking.  



Mix 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar together.  The pure syrup is like $8 bucks a bottle.  I'm not sure how the cheaper stuff would work out.

To do list: stop biting nails and get a manicure.  Nasties.


Pour mixture over prepared chicken.

Isn't this incredibly hard work?


If you'd like a torching of your eyebrows, open oven and take a picture of your chicken baking.  Wow, 450 degrees is hot stuff.


Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Once done, sprinkle rosemary on top.  Or don't.  It's good either way.  It's so tender, you can cut it with a spoon.  Which yes, I did.  My fork was overtaken by my toddler.

Put on a plate with green beans from your garden and buttery, red potatoes and chow down.



Star Rating: ★ (sighhh, got carried away.)
Thanks, Rachel and whoever you got it from. You have changed my life.

RECIPE: Glorious Chicken

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C. Dijon mustard
1/4 C. pure maple syrup
1 T. red wine vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Rosemary

Instructions:
Lay trimmed chicken breasts in baking dish.  Salt and pepper to your liking.  Mix the Dijon mustard, maple syrup and red wine vinegar together.  Poor over chicken.  Bake at 450 for 40 minutes.  Sprinkle rosemary on chicken before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment