Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Front Porch Facelift

Sitting outside.  On my porch.  Writing about my porch makeover.   

My legs dangling.  Swing rocking back and forth.  Slight breeze blowing through the porch openings.

Life is SO wonderfully good.  I am incredibly blessed.

Before of porch.  Not so pretty.


After. Truly, my oasis.
I spend much of my alone time here.  Probably too much.  


Also, I have Cole (& Drake) playing out front in the bigger part of our yard.  Most of the time.

Where I can keep my eyes on the porch children.        
       Some of the things that I just love.      


Ideally, I would like to stain the deck and add a cheaper copycat of this rug.  I just don't know how much longer we'll be here.  So we shall see if I dish more money out on the project.
(Which as you know, wasn't much...beautiful, thrifty pretties excite me.)


And yes, I had to add a picture of the seat cushion and four pillows that I, yes I, sewed.  I'm quite proud of the way they turned out.  Bet you can't tell at all.

My first sewing project = pure giddiness of success.

Love the way the porch looks and how it makes me feel.

Thought I should give you an idea of what I've been enjoying these past several weeks.
Fall is just around the corner.
Soon, these flowers will be replaced with other beauties such as mums and calendulas.
Will enjoy this as long as I can.

Hope you have enjoyed the tour.









                                                                                                                                                                                             

5 comments:

  1. The porch makeover turned out very well. So did your sewing. Is that actually piping I see on the seat cushion?! Very nice! Now that I've clicked over to your blog, I notice that the blog background matches the cushion's fabric. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the transformation! You did so good on the sewing, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! Yes, it is piping. More work, but I wanted that look. And now, I can say, I did it. :)

    I have a weakness for chevron. Pretty large weakness. ;)

    Thanks, Brenda! It was a lot of rewarding fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! And yet, we've been blessed with another beautiful day to enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete