Monday, October 29, 2012

Safari Time ~ Cole's 3rd Birthday Party


Cole is THREE!

Words cannot describe my love for this delight in my life.

God has truly blessed me.

He makes me laugh every day.

He tells me he loves me "berry much" every day.

He gives me the biggest 'Berenstain' hugs every day.

Because of Cole, my world is much brighter and sweeter.

v

For his birthday, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday celebration decorations.
"Elepants, ELEPANTS."
I showed him Thomas the Train.  I showed him airplanes.  I showed him trucks.  I showed him a bunch of other things.  Things MUCH easier to decorate a party for...
Nope, "Elepants."  He was stuck on it.  

Next question I had for myself this time - HOW do I come up with a CUTE party theme with elephants?  Not the prettiest animal out there.
Then, I thought of doing a Safari party with some exploration ideas for the kids to enjoy.
Kids, especially boys, love to explore.  It was perfect.  I had asked Jodi to snap pictures for me because I knew I would have absolutely no time to do so.  Grateful for the pictures.




LOVED how everything turned out.
Saturday morning was a bit chilly, but with the sunshine - it turned into a beautiful day.
My prayers were answered with no rain.  Just forgot to pray about the blustery weather which kept blowing most of my hanging paper pinwheels and globes down.

Things that make a party.
Since I didn't have my sewing machine set up, I wanted to make banners that didn't include any needles and thread. I wanted to do something different too - something I'd never seen before.   With some cardstock, handmade stencils, burlap, jute rope and some hot glue, this was the result.  Turned out to be one of my favorites.  I had everything on hand, minus the cardstock.  So super easy and convenient, too.


What cute explorers.


These animals were quite the hit.



Each child received a set of binoculars along with their animals.  Betcha never guess what I made them out of...
:)

The sweets.  YUM.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cake with Chocolate Ganache icing.  What a mouthful, eh?  And yes, IT was a mouthful.  For those of you who asked for the recipe, click here.


Orea Pops + Cupcakes + Cake
=
Extreme thankfulness that all of these kids with all of this sugar weren't all mine.


The party animals. :)


Brown food to match the decor.  Oh yah - just happens that Cole's favorite food right now is SKYLINE!  And that's what he wanted on the menu.  Smart boy.
Birthday boy digging in.



Right across the way was a playground for the sugar-fueled kids to run about and have a fun time.  There was also a pond nearby where the kids loved feeding the ducks.  And playing in the water.
And get a little too close to the water.  Cole lost one of his new birthday toys - a prized wooden train.  But it was rescued before it sunk to its death.


A VERY sweet moment caught ~ One of Cole's friends had come to him and wished him Happy Birthday.  Cole said, "Tank you berry much," and gave him this adorable hug.

He received many presents which he has enjoyed playing with immensely.

We ended the party with a scavenger hunt - four very easy items for these 2-3 year old explorers to find.  They loved it.


Cole had such a fun morning with all of his friends.  Thanks again to everyone who came out and made his party a grand time.

Happy 3rd Birthday, sweet babe of mine!


4 comments:

  1. It was a great party. Norah had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a cute party! My kids loved the animals and I could probably eat that birthday cake every single day! Thanks for posting the recipe - I do want to try to make that one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you all brought your younguns' and had a good time.

    Brenda, good luck on the cake. If you want to keep your figure - ya might not wanna eat it every day. It's bad for the hips, but good on the palate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a gorgeous day it was! I can’t believe how beautifully this entire bash had been organized. Our twins want the sunshine themed party but I fear that I won’t be able to host successful DIY bash so would like to book one of the home studios NYC and will hire the talented party planner so that the kids can have a big day.

    ReplyDelete