Friday, January 18, 2013

Get Your Move On ---- To TARGET!!

I have been scrubbing and cleaning all day.  Stop thinking Susie Homemaker. Not in the least bit. Today has been coined, The Day of Accidents."  Two of the accidents will not get any blogtime from me except to say UGGHHHH GROOOOSSSSS. Gag, gag, gag.  The end. 

I've also spring-cleaned my mom's dining room walls.  And baseboards.  And berber carpet.  Not a trace of chili anywhere.  Splatter marks were staring at me in my face.  And I'm a tall girl.   All I gotta say is my mom should be happy that I ate half of my bowl while walking to their house...or I think I would have been cleaning her living room as well.  Why couldn't the cafeteria served potato soup today???  Something a lil' easier to clean.  Something not red.  Hmmm.

I was responsible for the chili.  I was not responsible for the other gag, gag, gag ones.

I needed to find a happy place.  Right away.  I finally located one.  :)  After some yoga/breathing exercises hot white tea,  my thoughts turned to my awesome deals that I scored last week at Target!!!  Thought I would share so you all can hopefully score some of the same finds!

Last week, most Targets were putting their Christmas on 90% clearance.  I HAD to go.  Not necessarily for wrapping paper, bags or bows.  But for other goodies.  It just so happened that any products that were Christmasy/holiday-ish were also 90% off.  We're talking clothes, undergarments, accessories, paper products and so on.  These were NOT in the Christmas bins.  One of the Targets that I went to had their act together and some of the forementioned items were actually back in the 90% clearance.  However, most of the time, I just had to go look through the stores, in the departments that you would normally find the items.   

Here are some of the things that I found.  My phone pics are all I have.  And believe me, when I say that I got LOTS more than what's pictured.  This is just some of the "highlights." ;)


Dixie Plates: $.22/each
I normally don't buy paper plates or products.  Since I normally can get dish soap for free through couponing, I choose that route.  BUT, when I can find plates for $.22 cents, I think I'll buy any and all packages I can find.  Which only happened to be a couple.  These were located with the other paper plates.  Notice that they're opened.  There were coupons inside the package.  Due to scoring such an awesome price on them, I wasn't thinking clearly, or I would have opened the plates before I checked out and used the coupons while there to score them for free and get overage.  However, I did open the plates as soon as I got out in the car to see what incredible coupons the manufacturer had given to me.  I'm so weird.


Boxer briefs: $.59/per package
So, my husband might disown me.  Wouldn't be the first time he's been tempted to though...this is for the sake of saving money and letting others know about it.  Just remember that, k? :)
These boxer briefs were originally $5.99 a pair.  I know that, because I had actually bought some for the hubs' Christmas stocking.  He's picky.  He's gotta have a certain kind.  Sighh...men. Sighh...paying full price for items.  Sighh...then finding them 90% off.  Sigh...
So, was I EVER excited to find them for $.59.  And they weren't even all Christmas or holiday patterns.  Because I am awesome and price-checked other colors like that, I was able to find LOTS of packages that were just everyday wear for 90% off!!!! :)  And Scott really did need some of these.  So, thank you God.  I won't take all of the awesome credit. ;)  The packages that weren't holiday had been re-barcoded and re-packaged.  Incorrectly albeit, but for my sake, I'm so thankful.  They were located in the men's "undergarment" department.  I'm thinkin' I got maybe 10 or more pair.  And several packages were left.  I got all of the ones I could find in hubby's size, and was tempted to get the smaller ones as well.  But I didn't want anybody hurt in the process of getting dressed.  So they're still there.  Help yourself.  If you're married to a boxer brief kinda man.

I also found some ladies' undergarments for $.49 each.  I will not post a picture of those.  (Trust me, I'm being fair...lol!)





I'm guessing these were accessories to some winter Christmas outfits.  Whatever, dude.  My kids can wear the black/white ADORABLE hats all year 'round.  And the blue velvet ones are PERFECT for winter.  And the ties - HOW CUTE?!!?  The hats were .$70/each and the ties were $.40/each.  Socks were $.29/each.  I'm telling you - the hats look like Janie and Jack.  At a fraction of the price.  :)  These were located in the baby clothes.  Not a single clearance sign near them.  I just happened to price check them.  And lo and behold...dirt cheap!! :)  The ties aren't pictured.  Drake's already worn one of his...and honestly, I don't have a clue where the other ones are right now.  The socks pictured here are for men.  They were also $.29/each.  You'd think the baby socks would be priced cheaper. :)

Stirs: $.29/each     Cookie Sticks: $.29/each
 These cute stirs are gonna make my 2013 Christmas party HOPPIN'! ;)  Maybe not just the stirs, but...previously, I had bought lots of other of the same themed party decor and accessories that were 30 or 50% off a couple weeks earlier.  Well, these match perfectly.  Along with the stirs are some cookie sticks.  Which always come in handy for birthday parties, special holidays, etc.


I only chose to buy one of these iPhone covers, but there was several different patterns.  All VERY CUTE.  The price on this bad boy - $1.99.  They aren't much protection, so I prefer my Otterbox over them.  But they are cute, so I might change it out when I feel like it.  And try not to drop it on that day.

Gigantic Gift Bags: $.40/each    Gift Labels: $.19/each   Seals: $.19/each


I did go ahead and buy some bags/boxes/labels/tissue paper for next Christmas.  In the "normal" wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., they had tissue paper that was 90% off as well.  It was a three-color package.  Gold, creme and bronze.  Beautiful.  And can be used all year round.  Got several of those for $.30/each and then got some red tissue paper as well.  Can be used for Valentine's or any other red-themed birthday parties for little girls.  :)  Ya gotta think ahead, folks. 

Like I already mentioned, I didn't take pictures of everything (like one other favorite - some stationary that can be used all year long.  What's better than an actual letter to a friend??).  But, this should be the proof that you need to get to your local Target and see if they have anything left.  Please don't be miffed if everything is sold out.  I did get all of this LAST week.  I sure hope you're able to get in on some super good bargains if you haven't already.  If you were able to find something, share the love and tell me what all you found!  Steals like this are soo much fun!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, what a great run! Sad of missed out on this last week, but I was enjoying time with my folks (no Target close by) and I guess that's just as good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will always be other deals you can catch. Time with family - can NEVER have enough of that. :)

    If you have a Target close by, (not too much gas) I would say go and check. Some Target's don't put their clearance to 90% off until much later than other stores across the country.

    Good Luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete