Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Look WHOO's One!!

Just to get this outta the way, because we's got LOTS and LOTS of adorable pictures to share...

My apology.  I went missing for 3 months almost.  I missed blogging.  I missed writing.  I missed sharing. 

The reason being - I am a very chronological girl.  I like things in order.  After my last blog in October - the next thing I wanted to blog about my baby's first birthday in November.  I had to blog about that FIRST because I was afraid I would forget to blog on it if I went on with my other food blogs, mundane happenings and so on.  Weeelll...I didn't forget about the blogging of the birthday.  I had asked my SIL (**) to snap pictures for the party which she happily obliged to.  I was waiting on the pictures in order to blog, but then life went on. Both of us forgot about them!  I would think about the pictures, but never ask her.  Until yesterday.  Two months and one week after the "Big D" turned 1. :)  She had them done along time ago, so no blamin' her at all.  All my fault.  It was kinda nice looking through the pictures today though - brought back such good memories.  Here's a warning: now that this blog is underway - WATCH OUT.  I will be catching up.  ;) 

Now, onto the birthday celebration ---

LOOK WHOO'S ONE! 

Birthday Bloke.

It was a simple, low-key party for Big D.  I did a large party for Cole this year, so this happened to be Drake's off year.  Poor, neglected baby.  I only wanted family there.  And those who are pretty much considered family to us.  I managed to get my mom to let me have the party at her house so I didn't have to clean my own. :)




I just so happen to really like winged creatures. (minus bats.)  I decorate with them.  In my home.  Weird, maybe.  But since I had them on hand, this was the perfect theme.  It took one of the guests half way through the party to catch the correlation between the theme and my decor.  Whoo's 1 > owls > whoo-whoo.  Ok.  Just in case it's confusing. ;)



Purty owl.







Instead of gifts, we asked the party animals to bring $1 dollar bills.  With an older brother, Drake didn't have need for anything.  I created a "money tree" for him - it will be waiting for him when he gets older.  The money, that is.  Maybe the tree too - ya never know...I'm pretty sentimental these days.




















The menu was comprised of Zuppa Toscano which was accompanied by Mini Baked Ham Sandwiches.  




  



Drake loves chocolate.  He's the child that eats all of the chocolate chips out of the trail mix, won't stop eating my chocolate ice cream, and can down 8 oz. of chocolate milk like it's nobody's biz.  Of course, I made the chocolaty of all chocolate cakes for him.  With some buttercream icing that was super hard to ice.  It was worth it though - total spoilage on his birthday.  I think he was happy with the end result.  Prepare yourself for some serious adorableness.  Love these pictures below.



K, not here.  Below this one. :)

Drake loved his sparkler.  And so did Cole. ;)







                                     


"A bigger bite shall tell me more."

"I like, I like."

 "My mommy tells me cake makes me strong.  Please don't tell her any different."



Some of the guests.  

Drake is incredibly blessed to have these people in his life.  People who love and pray for him.









After Drake had a quick bath, we opened cards and just relaxed with good conversation.  







Drake at 12 months:
 

♥ Says, "ma-ma, da-da, buhbuh, hi (more like "hiy" as in karate man), woof, pweas (real soft, but with a "s" at the end) and yayyy."
♥ Has only four teeth, top and lower central incisors.  Eats all types of food now.  Loves sweets.  Still not madly, deeply in love with veggies.
♥ Cruises all over the furniture.




♥ Crawls (loudly slapping the wood floors with his palms) to the door to meet Daddy when he gets off work.
♥ Waves bye-bye, smiling like a fool.
♥ Claps his hands together and yells, "yayyyyyyy." Espeically after I get done changing a dirty diaper.  (My sentiments exactly.)
♥ Wrestles and rolls with Cole - belly to belly, rolling over and over, laughing.
♥ If Cole and Daddy are wrestling, Drake will crawl over there as fast as he can and lunge into their pile, head buried down.
♥ He'll kneel, face down into the boucle blanket, and Cole will pull him around the whole house (think on the ground chariot races - benefit of wood floors throughout).
♥ Two weeks after birthday, Drake started taking 2-3 steps quite frequently. 





Happy Birthday, Drake.  We love you to pieces.  



**To view more of my SIL's great work, click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment