Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Heart Day!!

Our Valentine's Day started out a little earlier than expected. Due to me missing part of my brain ever since I brought children into the world, I bought our Heart Day steaks and didn't look at the expiration date of them. After I purchased them on Saturday, I put them in the fridge because I was going to be using them in a couple of days. Late last evening, I saw them and just happened to look at the date. I don't know about you and your meat-eating habits, but I don't eat expired meat.  So, I was forced to cook them.  At 10 o'clock at night.  And Cole ate half of mine.  And half of Scott's.  What a romantic start, eh?


The morning of...don't judge.  Writing in ketchup is far harder than the whole icing bit.  Should have just stuck with drawing a heart.  But Cole loved his heart-shaped "hashbrown pancake." Drake just grunted continuously for more. :)


We also got to go the store today and pick out 'tumting pecial.'  Cole filled up his marble jar (3rd time now.  {Gets to put marbles in for using the potty}) and was able to pick out a toy.   We went to Papaw & Nana's to see Wreilly.  While we were there, we were able to play outside with said new toy.  For the weather was absolutootly beautiful.  As long as the sun was shining.  And the wind wasn't blowing. :) 

Another exciting tidbit from our Valentine's Day - we had an appointment for our taxes, late afternoon. We were getting to leave, and the ever so organized 'moi' was collecting her things, and realized she had lost one of the W-2's of her hard-working husband.  Tax appointment canceled.  Headed out to Cracker Barrel because Valentine's steaks had already been digested by now.  Cracker Barrel is the next best thing.  

This is my DINNER.  Just what I was in the mood for.  No meat.  No soup.  No nothing, except for a huge 1,100 calorie Apple Dumpling plate.  All to myself.  Ahhh.  :)


After which, swung by the local Goodwill while Scott kept the boys at some playland. Bet you're just dying by now with all of the romance our day had... :)


Sidenote about Goodwill's or second-hand boutiques:  There is no reason why one shouldn't shop there.  It doesn't matter where you buy your children's clothes.  Really, it doesn't. :)  One cool thing about the ones here locally is that they receive quite a bunch of new stuff from Target...things that have been on the 70% racks that don't sell fast enough.  NEW, and same season.  I've bought things at Target before, mostly on clearance, and found the same things later at the local Goodwill.  Sometimes priced more than what I had paid - sometimes priced less. :(  I like Target's clothes for the boys.  So this works out pretty well.  These things that I bought tonight - I have seen at Target just this past week.  Still priced at only 50% off.  Much higher than what I paid tonight.  Yayyy!  
I guess I have little faith in Goodwill.  Recently though, I have been finding quite the deals.  God knows when I need clothes for the boys.  Serious as a heart attack.  He's looking out for me.  And my budget.  I never used to find coordinating things - or things that I needed to match for an outfit.  Well, hitting the jackpot recently.  It's one thing to find something cute at a Goodwill.  It's another thing to find matching sweaters for both of my boys AT THE SAME TIME.  It's ANOTHER thing to find them brand new, exact sizes I need, at the same time at Goodwill.  
Check it out. ;)
Oh wait - one more thing. And I'll shut up about the Goodwill.  If you thrift like this for play or casual clothes, then you don't have to feel so guilty when you want to dish out a little more money for some nice dressy outfits.  ( I ❤ ❤ Janie & Jack, ❤ ❤ it.)   I tend to spend WAY more at one stop in Janie & Jack than several at the thrift, but I'm okay with that.    
K, NOW check it out. 

 I really do apologize for the sideway pictures.  I am having trouble rotating them.  

I like the boys to match, but mainly just coordinate.  So the identical sweaters above might be worn at different times.

I love this fox.  Looks like Target may have been trying to copy Janie & Jack.


Speaking of WHICH, :) you might just get lucky and score a J&J at the thrift store for 1/20th of the original price.  Drake will rock this boyfriend cardigan vest.

Yet, MORE new matching sweaters for the kiddo's. 
And a few other things not pictured.  I was pretty proud of the things I found.  Don't bash the Goodwill until you've tried it yourself.  Treasures to be found. :)

Since we had such a riotous Valentine's Day, I shall be turning in now.  Hope you had a great one as well!


2 comments:

  1. i 1st read your blog yesterday and enjoyed it...found a recipe that you'd posted awhile back for "Glorious Chicken" and made it today...it really was glorious!!; definitely a recipe to keep, so thanks! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe (and the blog!), Kimberly! That chicken needs to make an appearance around here as well. Asap. Love it. Hope you have a wonderful week!! :)

      Delete