Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Some Nonsense of Life and Cole-ism's


Some recent happenings of the last few days.  I'll spare you the important ones. ;)

Drake ate some puppy chow.

Got a new $72 jacket for FOUR CENTS.  Highlight of my day.  

Or maybe this was the highlight.  From shaggy rug...




To cool thug.



Hubby paid $2 each for a box.  Several of them.  Cardboard!!  For a cheapskate as myself, I almost lost consciousness.  But he made an awesome box house for the boys.  Cole said, it was "a yittle 'pecial" because Daddy had told him he had a little surprise, nothing big.  But Cole was beyond ecstatic.  Definitely made up for the non-budgeted purchase. 

While driving to somewhere one evening, we were "discussing" directions.   Apparently too un-Christlike for Cole.
He said, "No yelling in the van.  Dis is not a mean day. It is a nice day. Yike Vayentine's day."   
We apologized to each other immediately.  Way to keep us on our spiritual toes, Cole! ;)

Cole and I were reminiscing about the times that he used to ride his bike at a park.  I had told him that Drake wasn't even born yet.   Drake had been in my tummy, and I had been super big.  I asked him if he remembered that which he did.  I told him I had to go to the hospital and there I had Baby Drake.  He remembered it all.  This was the surprising bit.
He said, "Your tummy need to det bigger now."
Me: "Oh really, son?"
He replied,  "Yeah, fwom God." :)

I was working on something after Scott went to school one morning - something which needed some full concentration.  But every two seconds, Cole kept saying, "Mom?  Mom?  Mommy?  Mom?  Mommy?"  For no reason, really.  Just a killer for focusing.  :)  I told him not to talk to mommy for a few minutes while I finished up, then afterwards, we could talk to each.  (Terrible, I know.)
He said, "Huhh?  Daddy?  Hi, Daddy.  How are you?  You yook yike Daddy.  I yove you."  
Not quite what I had in mind when I told him not to talk to me.

Enjoying my extra time off of Facebook.  To blog.  To read.  To clean.  Still surviving.  But miss keeping up with a LOT of you!







4 comments:

  1. I love blogging! I am not on the "facebook fast" but still prefer blogging. Fun to keep up with you here while you are "away" from Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't blogging wonderful? I didn't know you blogged. I'm on the ignorant side when it comes to "following" people. But, now I will figure out how to "follow" you. Consider it done, sista! :)

      Delete
    2. Just joking. I still can't figure out your blog name or where to follow. Do you mind copying your link to your blog right here? That way, I SHOULD be able to find you. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, the one complaint I have with blogs is that they don't send you notifications of changes :-P true there is the whole "follow" thing and such but you know, a blinking light, you're about to miss something important would be nice.
    My blog is jandrtaylor.blogspot.com (Hmmm and for some reason that didn't give you a clickable link. If you can't copy & paste that to your browser let me know and I'll try again)

    ReplyDelete