Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Breakfast Wraps A La Avocado

What is A La Avocado?  No clue.  Sounded French.  Or Spanish.  And cool.  Meo no speaka other languages.  But meo is certain of one thing.  Breakfast wraps are so unhip without Avocado.  Avocados demand proper nounage in my book - so yes, it will be capitalized the WHOLE time here.

I wish I would've tuned in to this revelation a lot sooner in my life.  Missed out on so much.  The sight of guacamole used to make me wanna ......  so, I never even gave the poor Avocado a chance in any other avenues of my food.  Never even tasted it.  Looked too gunky.  Chunky.  

However, maybe it was Chipotle's.  Or me just branching out.  But, somewhere, somehow, I ate some Avocado, and I liked it.  LOVED it.  Smooth.  Rich.  Fattening.  

Photo courtesy of rockmefabulous.com
Oh now, it's healthy fattening.  So, I put it in everything.  Wraps, salads, sandwiches, pasta, cakes, chairs.  You name it.  

I've been on a wrap (and Avocado) kick recently.  Naturally, this wrap has been in our breakfast rotation due to my recent "kicks."  I believe that my Mom got this originally from a lady that she used to work with on Jupiter Island.  I've adapted it ever so slightly.  


All you need.


I like my scrambled eggs done up this way.  1. Spoonful of bacon grease (<<< MUST DO),  2. salt/pepper the pan of grease, 3. add some milk to those eggs, 4. and sprinkle with cheese.  


Bacon grease is a healthy fat (depending on if it comes from grass fed or corn fed animals and considering the other unhealthy options of common cooking oils and margarine) that I love to cook with.  Mucho flavor.  Flavor I can not survive without.  Bacon makes everything taste better.  Or is that butter?  I say both.  Bacon and butter make everything a bunch better.  My new mantra of life.  Say it 5 times fast.  Quite tricky.

Spread some sour cream on a wrap.  Go thick if you'd like.  Makes a great adherent.

This picture frightens me, so I made it as small as it goes.   

Add your eggs, some more cheese (muenster happens to be a fave here) and add some sliced Avocados on top.  


Sprinkle some salsa over it all.  Throw in some chopped spinach leaves.

Cole's precious little hands.  He's such a good helper.

Stop, drop and roll.  Or just roll it up and eat it.


I don't have a picture of the finished rolled product.  It's what's on the inside that counts.  Anyways, that what my Mom always told me.  So, I'm stickin' to it.

Enjoy your breakfast wrap a la Avocado.  We sure do.

2 comments:

  1. You make me proud. Love you and your wit...and creativity.

    Wish I could remember my account password. Until then I will remain anonymously, Mom.

    ReplyDelete