Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Night Before

Get ready for some crazy weirdness I never thought I'd say, or at least admit.

Last night, my mind wouldn't stop. I decided to go back and read old status updates of mine. You know - kinda like counting sheep in technological fashion. Mono...tonous with the same old updates. About the kids. Saying funny things. Me talking about my addiction to shopping. Or food. BORING stuff.

I don't know if it was just because I was on my phone, but it seemed that after a couple of weeks, I was just reading the "highlights" of my timeline. Or maybe it was just the status updates that God had chosen for me to read, specifically, at that time. Before I knew it, I had read a year's worth of what I thought was going to be embarrassing proof of breaching my own privacy.

I didn't fall asleep. I wasn't ashamed or mortified. Instead, (remember the crazy weirdness part) tears of undeserving gratitude started flowing. Quite freely. Down my cheeks and onto my pillow. I started getting blessed. Reading my OWN posts on FACEBOOK, nonetheless. How could God use these words of mine, so feebly written, to in turn, bless me?

Remembrance.
Of His unfailing Goodness to me.
Of His blessings in the form of two small boys that bring unspeakable joy to myself and countless others by sharing their moments. Good and bad.
Of His sustaining Strength when I couldn't bear another day in this rewarding hardship of motherhood alone.
Of His many incredible answers to Prayer.
Of His supplying my small family's needs. Sometimes before we even asked.
Of His impressions on me to take the time to give Him the glory for His leading and work in my life. Publicly.
Of His generosity of the support and love from SO many friends that He has placed in my life.
Of His ability to use me, an unworthy frail vessel, and my rambling thoughts to help, encourage others.
Remembrance.

All of this from Facebook. The source which nothing good comes from, some would say. I shall disagree for the evidence is everywhere.

As Lent begins today, I have contemplated heavily on what I should "give up" to better prepare myself for the commemoration of the Holy Week. Even though Facebook is not a "luxury" per se, it is something that I enjoy, spend time on, checking and sharing things quite frequently throughout the day. Time that I could use much more wisely perhaps. Enhancing my relationships. Divine and earthly.

So, even though I will miss staying in touch with so many, I have made the decision to leave Facebook until the end of March.  I will continue to express, inform and update all right here. So please feel free to comment, and let me know you're all still alive.

Love to all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment