Monday, May 14, 2012

Motherhood.  


A gift from above.  
A gift to be cherished and respected.  

In a world full of pain and neglect, motherhood allows me the chance to make a difference in lives.  I gladly accept the CHALLENGE.  No cake walk here most days.  Most definitely a challenge.  

Not for the weak, but for the strong.  The determined.

Some days, I feel like a failure.
Not enough patience,
too busy for my own stuff.
Some days, I overreact to the most minute things.  Maybe my choice of discipline for that instance wasn't the wisest.  And I have regret.

Some days, lots of regret.  

I should be handling this better.  What is my problem?

Some days, I ashamedly admit...seems that one more tug of those small, chubby hands 
might just cause me to lose my last marble.  Or one more, "Mooooommmmmy" 
just might be the thing that sends me packing for that padded room.  Away. From it all.

Some days, I feel like I can't do it anymore.  
I want to simply quit.

Then, I pray.  I ask for strength that only He can replace.  
Things change.  Maybe not instantaneously.  But I sense the Help.  

I stick to the task.  I am rewarded by the little things.

Some days, I can't stop giggling from the funny things I hear my firstborn say.  
Or the things he does.
  
Some days, I think I have missed my calling as a stand up comedian.  Obviously, I am the funniest person alive.  
At least to some little boys I bore.

  

I can't get enough of the singing and dancing and 
the performing that goes on in the four walls that surround me.

Simple as hearing that contagious giggle.

Some days, it's the quick obedience from my toddler that surprises me.  
Makes me cry happy tears.

Some days, it's the little arms around my neck, the innocent kiss on my lips, 
the hand enclosed in mine.


The "I yove you." 
  
My sons give me the courage to keep on.  
I offer love, affection and protection to them.  
I sustain them.
They need me.

It truly is all worth it.

I am the perfect mother for MY children.  
God made us for each other. 
What a gift to treasure.

And treasure it, I will.  I will keep on.  
I will do my best to give to my children what some do not have.
We're in this thing together.



Thank you, Jesus, for this gift of motherhood.










2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS! So Beautifully put! Sounds like someone wrote it from my experience. Im wiping tears as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post!! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete