Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sticky Roll Breakfast Ring

Sticky Roll Breakfast Ring

Food.  I dream about it.  I live for it.  It is simply a love of my life.  

Since I obviously am carazy about food and love to cook, and since I've recently joined the ranks of fellow bloggerettes, I thought it right to add in my food blogs, here and there.  I've always wanted to do a food blog, like the great Pioneer Woman, whom I adore.  Her recipes could taste the worst (which they surely do not), and I would still follow her religiously.  She makes me laugh, and her pictures are just downright charming to me.  I want to move out to a ranch.  Have my own cows.  Some day.

For now, I am content in my campus apartment.  With my food.  
I think. 

So, this recipe is from Pinterest.  Another thing I can't live without. :}  Super easy.  And if you don't mind the taste of canned biscuits (like my hubby), then you will love this breakfast dish.  Sticky, sticky buns.

Let's get this party started.

Spray bundt or other fluted pan.  A lot.  With buttery tasting spray.  Never disappointing.



In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of melted butter with a 1/2 cup of pancake syrup.  I used what I had on hand.  Trusty Kroger brand.




Just so we can have lots of dishes to wash after we make this easy dish, get out another bowl and mix together 1/3 cup of packed light brown sugar and as much ground cinnamon as your little taste palate pleases.  My taste palate wanted about 1 teaspoon.  Or more.
The recipe also said you could use nuts.  Which I would have loved.  But SOMEONE in my family does not prefer nuts, so me being the selfless person I am...did not put them in.


Get that greased up bundt pan and start by spooning half of your butter/syrup mixture in the bottom of it.  Top that with half of your brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.




Open up a can of jumbo refrigerated biscuits.  I had the buttermilk kind.  And overlap those babies all around the pan.  You might want 2 cans just to have an abundance of rolls.  




Finish by spooning the rest of your butter/syrup mixture and the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture over top.  




This is where you walk away and forget about what you were making minutes before.  Like I did this morning.  I went back to my Sunday craziness, and kinda forgot to put the timer on.  So they got a tad, extra golden (err, brown) on top.  




I impatiently let the rolls cool for a minute and then flipped them onto a serving plate.  Perfect in the middle.



Look at that hot, sticky, sticky mess.  You can almost see your reflection in it.  Mmmmm.




I was too eager to eat them without snapping one last shot of one on my plate, ready to be gobbled up.   You can use your imagination, if you really need to by now.  Those that consumed these thought them to be good.  Again, IF you like the taste of canned biscuits.  But, they were super easy to do, and that sticky stuff was oh so tasty.   

Wishing I had some leftovers.  Better for my skirt size that I don't.  

Star Rating: 

RECIPE: Sticky Roll Breakfast Ring

2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits 
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 C. pancake syrup 
1/3 C. packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C. chopped pecans, optional
1/4 C. chopped almonds, optional

Instructions:
Spray a fluted pan with non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired). Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top. Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring. Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and enjoy!

1 comment: