Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We're On To Something Good. Real Good.

Today, these Blackmon "haps" were uplifting.  Small things to most, but splendid encouragement to this crazy momma in need of a break. :)

Today, the dear hubs completed his first full day (still sane) with his family.  The WHOLE day, people.  Since school is out for the year, we get him ALL day, EVERY day, for the next 80 some days.  YAYYYYYYYYYY!  Ok, getting control again....ahhh, YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!   Ahem, sorry.  Cannot contain my excitement.  As most stay at home moms know, it's most lovely to have a break here and there...extra help here and there.  And all of this is not to say that my dear partner doesn't help during the school year.  The poor guy does what he can.  BUT, with all that he's got goin' on during August-May, he's exhausted by the time he gets home each evening.  Mr. B has always had a superb work ethic.   Working several jobs to make sure I can stay home to do what I do.  Whatever that may be.  So this one job thing...it's a brand new idea for him.  What?  Just work ONE job??  Never heard of it.  We'll see how he likes his new schedule.  He might get smart and get some extra work lined up asap so he can escape the craziness that usually happens daily around here.  :}  Here's to hoping he doesn't figure that one out.  And that he doesn't read this blog for the great idea.

Today, the cutesie-putesie 6 month old made me one happy mommy.  I have been trying, trying, trying to get this child to eat solids or even drink a little formula.  TO NO AVAIL.  Well, I should say, he will eat some baby food that I make for him.  And he will eat people food...in other words > stuff he shouldn't be eating yet.  But no jar food.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  BUT, that's not the point.  The point is...Drake is picky.  SOO, that being said...I was shocked today at breakfast when I got him his Feeder with pears and pineapple (Beechnut), and he actually CONSUMED it.  Happily!!! :}

"Ooooo, this isn't so bad after all.  You're saying I could've enjoyed this stuff 3 months ago?"  Yes, dear one.  Sometimes, Mommy does know best.

The Feeder.  Deserves proper nounage.  One of the most amazing inventions ever for busy mommy's.  Introduced to me by my own amazing mommy.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  :}  In fulfilling my civic duty, I will share this incredible treat with you.  The Feeder can be purchased online at Amazon.com.  Since I'm a loser at inserting links, you can find it yourself.  :}  The Feeder allows you to put #1 and #2 baby food in it, and your baby can feed himself while you find time to do one of the other hundred things you must complete that day.  You pour the food in, screw the lid/nipple back on, and when el bambino sucks, it's like a vacuum that forces the food to come out.  No air.  No mess.  Amazing.  You can thank me later.  Now, go buy one.

Made by Sassy.  The best $5 you'll ever spend.  
Except for maybe a fish combo at Mickey D's.

Today, my firstborn fell asleep on the couch after watching his videos.  I do believe this has never happened before.  I think we wore him out.  This "hap" doesn't really fall in the "splendid encouraging" category.  But it's a first, nonetheless...and a cute one at that.  We are trying to get Cole back on his 8 o'clock bedtime.  And tonight, it happened.  On the couch.  He didn't even wake up when Scott picked him up and laid him down in his crib.  Very abnormal.  Just pure fact that Cole's energy does actually dwindle after a fun-filled day with his daddy home.  The WHOLE entire day.  EVERY day.  For like 80 more days....AGHHHHHH.  Got me excited again.  Stopping now.

Sweet, sweet boy who I wouldn't trade for the world.  
Especially when he's sleeping. :}

2 comments:

  1. Aww...wtg Ashley. Now, keeping up with the blogging is the pain. I started one a long time ago, and my last entry?? I don't remember. I need to start up again though, even if no one really reads it, it's fun to look back and see the progress (when you actually write it down, lol) Your family is gorgeous, and wish the feeder things were around when Lex was a baby. Maybe for the next one ;-)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy, for the note! :} I went and read your blogs from 2009...hehe! Definitely start back up again so I can follow you and your own happenings. :}

    ReplyDelete