Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Last 12 Hours

Wow.  We'll start from least to greatest.  Just in the last 12 hours.

There are poptart crumbs ALL over my house.  From in my bed to on top of the toilet paper in the bathroom.  A nice parent let his child roam the home, leaving deposits everywhere.   A positive note, my child is not starving.

Oh, deposits made me think of something else.  Cole decided to empty 3 of his in random spots throughout the house...2 of which were in our bedroom.  A positive note, my child's bowels are functioning superbly.

We got a call this morning.  Early.  Before anyone in their right mind should even be up and about.  Our car got broken into.  Again.  Makes for the 3rd time.  A positive note, they didn't get anything of value (just of ingeniuity...hubs thought they took his tennis ball/rope thingamajig that he made for Cole yesterday.  What in the world?  That's gonna bring in the cash for drugs.).

Last night, something quite disturbing on the internet was shown to me.  Talk of the human barcode.  In more progressive ways that I have ever read about.  I'm sorry, but things of this nature always get me a wee stirred up.  I know I shouldn't worry about the end times.  BUT, I'm now a wife, a mother.  I have a family.  And my mind automatically goes to the worst things imaginable.  My babies being hurt, my husband being taken from me.  Unable to protect them, keep the hurt from them.  A positive note, this means we are that much closer to the return of our Lord and Saviour.  Often I just want to be taken (with my family) to heaven.  Away from this horrid, sin-filled earth.  It won't be long, now.

Late last night, I found out that my baby Honda was lended to someone.  They wrecked my car.  The car that I bought, off the lot, when I was 18.  Brand spankin' new.  Yes, the car is almost 11 years old.  But, it was "my precious."  Anyhoo, a positive note, ummm, ummmmmm, ummmmmmmm.   Still trying to think of one.

I wasn't going to go to church this morning.  I am in a bad mood.  But listening to my 6 month old babble happily and slobber drooly raspberries all over...and listening to my 2 1/2 year old sing repetitively (and yes, I mean over and over, and over, and over, and over) the phrase, "Desus, name above all names, bootiful Saviour..., Emmanuel, Bwessed Recweemer...," it makes me think none of those bad things that have transpired over the past 12 hours are even that significant.  There are much more important things in life.  And I will try and dwell on those as I travel to church with my blessed family.

Happy Sabbath to you all.



4 comments:

  1. Hearing about Cole singing that song brought tears to my eyes! Keep on keepin' on, Ash! You are a GREAT Mom! and thanks for sharing these little glimpses into your home - I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear it takes bravery to be a momma. You have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is a much better day, gals! Thanks for the comments! :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog today! Wonderful :o) Odd about your car getting broken into - ours was also on the same night. They only got Philip's MP3 Player - I say only....at least it wasn't the radio again. I've lost count....it's too depressing. I keep telling God people are messing with His stuff....hopefully they're reading the tracks we leave lay around :o) Blessings on you all!

    ReplyDelete