Saturday, June 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We found our way back home to the big city tonight.  The change of pace in the past two weeks has done me much good- from getting to visit quaint Hobe Sound, to relish in the good ol' country-feelin' ways of North Carolina, to witness the beauty of magnificent creation in the mountains of Tennessee, to lastly, mingling with THE finest friends that Kentucky has to offer.

But, boy have I missed seeing the remarkable skyline of Cincinnati.  When we pulled onto 275, it made me smile, gazing at the tall buildings against the dimming sky.  Multitudes of vehicles and construction zones greeted us.  

Truth be told...I am so ecstatic to be home.  Sleeping in my own sheets. :}

We got home about 8:30 tonight, stopped by to eat some Giovanni's pizza with my parents.  Yummo.  Never can get enough of that stuff.  I've got the van all cleaned out.  The stack of mail has been gone through.  The boys have received their baths and are in bed (thanks to my fantastic hubby!).  The second load of laundry is done.  Everything is unpacked and put away, minus some things that need to be in Cole's bedroom.  Checked on my flowers/garden.  Most of my flowers on my front porch do NOT look healthy.  Hoping to give them some extra tlc so they'll make it.  I've gotten my own shower (in my own shower...yay!).  Snug in bed.

Now, that I've put everything away, I'm wondering why, why, why?  We're leaving in 2 more weeks to head back to North Carolina for youth camp.  I should have just kept everything packed, and I would have been ahead in the game.  Oh, weeel.  Packing is part of the fun when going on a trip, eh?!?!  :}

Have so much blogging that I need to get caught up on.  Can't wait!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment