Friday, June 8, 2012

Life Is Good Today

Got an early start today.  Always hate getting up early, but am glad I do once I'm awake enough to stop staring, look intelligent, get dressed, and actually, well, WAKE UP!  :}   This, I have done today!  Woohoo!

Blessed, so blessed.  I can't get enough of it.  

It is absolutely beautiful outside today.  Sunshine, yet cool.  Ate my steaming oatmeal outside.  Alone.  :}  That's enough to be thankful for right there.  Quietness.  

Read some really good devotions.  Just what I needed.   Weird how that happens, eh? :}  A couple of quotes worth dwelling on:
Christians are to make Christ known to the world not by flaunting their spiritual gifts, but rather by demonstrating the sacrificial love of Christ that places others before self and willingly bends low to raise another up.
I must love them, even when I am tired and aching for quiet. I must love them because that’s Christ in me. Learning to love as He loves is no simple task. A thousand opportunities present daily and love becomes a choice to be made.
Good reminders.

Drake slept through the night.  The first time in a long time.  This is what I get to deal with today.  Poor me.  

Sleep = Happy Baby & Mommy

I kept him up quite late last night - nursed him and got some baby food in him.  He was so exhausted, he was just rubbing his eyes (not good seeing that he was smearing pears & pineapples in his el pupilos).  THEN, I gave him a bath.  I put him down at 11.  He slept 'til 6.  Thank you, Jesus!  Nursed him and put him back down.  

Cole & Drake both woke up finally just a little bit ago.  Both slept past 9 o'clock.  Allowed me that special quietness (yep, I mentioned it again) that's very rare throughout the rest of the day around this joint. 

The sweet man I married a long time ago is out pressure washing my Pottery Barn area rug that was stored down in our nast-tay basement.  Apparently, some rodent had crawled all up in there and died.  Left a undesirable, foul odor.  Praying that Pinterest has some remedy for this after the pressure-washing is done.  

Off to garden.  

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog makes my heart and face smile!!! I'm SOO glad you got a full night of sleep and then an extra blessing of precious quiet time in the morning! Maybe one of these days, soon, we will be able to sit on your porch, eat breakfast (or any food.. hehe), and have another wonderful conversation... about everything. :) Much love to you and your little men!

    ReplyDelete