Monday, June 4, 2012

The Shopaholic's Dream

I love shopping.  I love saving money.  I love finding fabulous deals.  This past weekend was a dream.  But a dream come true.


Oh, and I also love math.  Geek that I am, I love to find out what percentage I saved while being the frugalista that my hubby calls me.  His actual nickname for me is Frugal McDugal.  It rhymes if you read it correctly.  


SOOOO, without further ado, I wanted to share my savings from my recent trips to Kohl's.  Yes, that would be tripS.  We shopped til we dropped.  Literally.  I came out of the last store, Saturday evening, and I just plopped my rear on the sidewalk, waiting for Mr. B and crew to bring the van around.  You are allowed to be lazy after you save this much money, k?


Most things I purchased were 70-90% off retail price.  This is how I saved so much.  They had racks and racks of clearance items this weekend.  If you used your Kohl's credit card*, you saved additional as well.  I also had some coupon rewards that I used.  Gotta love that super cash.  With all of these variables, it calculated to mass savings.  I must be in good favor with Mr. Kohl.  I just received another 30% additional off coupon today in the mail.  Ready to be used for next weekend,  Ha!  Totally kidding!  I hardly ever buy something that is full price.  Unless, I am in absolute love with it...and I can't live without it.  :}  There are too many clearance items that are adorable and in style that I don't feel like I should jump on a purchase if it's going to be half off (or more) in a month or so.  


And I don't have a really good picture that shows EVERYTHING that we purchased.  I know.  B.o.r.i.n.g, right?  Sorry.  Use your imagination.  We got a LOT of nice things.  


Some Items We Purchased (some with MSRP)
*warning: this sucker is gonna be lonnng*

★ 1 dress shirt 
★ 2 men's casual shirts
★ 3 pair wind pants (would have gotten Scott some more clothes
but he's sitting pretty good right now)
★ 5 pair of tights (msrp of $12 which I paid under $1 for some)
 ★ spool of packaging ribbon
★ 15" lantern for decor (msrp of $45)
★ sunglasses
★ winter hat
★ 3 pairs of shoes (msrp of $65 each pair)
★ boxer briefs
★ Champion sports bra 
★ 6 pair of dress socks
★ Chaps tie (msrp of $36)
★ 2 tubmats
★ 3 belts
★ Snack set
★ Beach t-shirt
★ Adorable suit for Cole (msrp of $75 which I paid under 5 for + additional % off)
★ Planter
★ 6 Chaps separates for the boys (one which was marked down to $2.40 with additional off ~ and we're talking nice button up oxford style shirts) 
★ 2 pairs of shorts for Cole
★ 2 casual shirts for Cole
★ Leather gloves ($50 which I paid under $4 + additional % off)
★ Chaps scarf & hat
★ Earmuffs
★ 3 flower accessories
★ 1 package of hair clips
★ 2 kitchen towels
★ 2 picture frames
★ 1 12" glass candle decor
★ Chaps vest ($89 which I paid under $8 + additional % off)
★ Dressy light sweater
★ Sunday dress ($120)
★ Summer sandals for Cole ($33)
★ Citronella outdoor candle that is gonna burn until the 2028 Presidential Campaign.  It's that HUGE.


I'm not even sure if this is everything.  Might have missed a couple of things.  UH-MAZING if I say so myself.  Yes, I am bragging.  :}  

Total Out of Pocket Expense: $56.06
Total Savings: One thousand, four hundred, sixty-nine dollars and eight cents off of the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
~Makes it so much more incredible when you spell all of that money business out!~     


*DISCLAIMER: For Dave Ramsey's sake, since I know's he an avid "Blackmon Five" reader, we do not have nor believe in the whole credit card bit.  Except for those FEW store ones that give you additional percentage off when you pay with them.  If we ever do this, those credit card statements are paid off each month.  Interest is a bad, bad thing, people.  

6 comments:

  1. I love the Dave Ramsey disclaimer. =)
    I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cute - and the Dave Ramsey disclaimer, LOL! I think you should post of a pic of you wearing the Sunday dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You GO! That's incredible! :-) Love the Dave Ramsey disclaimer and that you spelled out the money - that's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That's amazing!! Especially that Scott went with you!! Amazing!! :) I'm gonna have to try that. Did you just "happen" to discover the extreme clearance racks or did they send you a notice? I regularly get their coupons and have their credit card for the same reasons you spelled out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! You know how sometimes you get those Kohls emails that just state "new markdowns?" I had seen an email, but it wasn't specific to say new 90% clearance. Scott always goes with me. Then, hours later, he always wonders why he did. He never learns. Hehe! And I don't want him too! :} Like having that man around!!

    ReplyDelete