Thursday, June 7, 2012

Randomness of Thursday, June Whatever It Is.

A pure sign of a bad housewife...I'm STILL finding pine needles from Christmas.  Let's count it up.  Yep, 6 months ago.  Oh wait.  I kept up my decorations until February 1st, so only 4 months.  Not too shabby then.  :)

One thing to help out with that bad housecleaning, I have this special little toddler who climbs in the weirdest places to hide or play and helps dust the floor where I can't reach...or have no desire to reach.  His pant-covered knees are tremendous (and free) cleaning aids.   I'm tempted to actually tape some cleaning rags with cleaner on his knees, so when he's playing around in the house, he can be double-dutying it for me.  Great idea, if I shall say so myself.

Today, I cut up one of my hubby's shirt he bought while we were on our honeymoon, 6 1/2 years ago.  Kinda sad.  You can tell I'm one sentimental freako.  But apparently, he is too or he would have gotten rid of it a. long. time. ago.  The Shirt had more holes than a Chinese checker board, so Bass & Co. didn't do too good a job in making a shirt that lasted.  But, he liked it alot, so it stayed in his closet.  Until I found it in the wash process earlier this afternoon.  Perfect rag material.  This does count as a confession, eh?  Now, that I just admitted to committing this odious act, I feel awful.  It's done.  I guess I could keep the rags forever.  Sheewww.  Makes me feel better already.

Off to clean some more.  With those special rags.

TA.TA.

2 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up, because I'm like that with our race shirts. I've actually considered making some kind of quilt out of the shirt fronts! Weirdo.

    And I am so loving the idea of strapping rags to the boys' pant knees. Total brilliance.

    (I have obviously just discovered your lovely blog this morning and am catching up - with an obsessive amount of comments : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all of your comments! Go for the quilt. Hehe!! :)

    ReplyDelete